There is no shortage of reasons to move to the beautiful Orange County. It
seems the market agrees and as a result, sometimes moving to Orange
County means settling into a smaller home than before. Or maybe it just means renting a smaller
space until you find the house of your dreams.
Regardless, if you find yourself squeezing into your new home, here are some great ideas to make each room look and feel larger:
1. SPRING CLEAN – Any room will start to feel claustrophobic with clutter lurking on shelves and counter tops. Stick with the age-old saying, “A place for everything, and everything in its place.”
2. BRIGHTEN UP – Use light wall colors and bright accents to make any room feel more spacious.
3. EMPHASIZE LENGTH – Long window treatments or vertical stripes will bring length to the walls. White or light ceilings will also make the ceiling appear higher.
4. DECORATE WITH INTENTION – Angle mirrors towards a focal point or near a window to create the illusion of more depth.
5. UTILIZE FURNITURE STORAGE – Add stilts to a bed to make room for hidden storage, or use a chest that can also be used as a coffee table to tuck away extra clutter.