Breathe in, breathe out.
Until then, let’s look at 5 great tips for managing that increased adrenaline throughout your move.
1. STAY ORGANIZED - Get an idea of what needs to be done, and when. Then stick to the plan. Many thoughts and emotions can creep in during a move, leaving you too overwhelmed to be productive. Having a game plan will give you direction. When new things pop up, you can simply add them to the list and get going on them.
2. DIVIDE AND CONQUER - If you’ve started on your moving checklist, you’re aware that the moving process is full of many tasks—big, small, and everything in between. That to-do list can start to look pretty daunting unless you break it up into manageable chunks. When you start to stress, review how your small, daily tasks fit in with the big picture.
3. LOOSEN THE REIGNS - Even the most organized people cannot plan for every event that may occur during a move. Accept that there will be some things throughout this process that you simply can’t control. A commitment to rolling with the punches will help reduce stress during your relocation.
4. GIVE YOURSELF A TIME-OUT - Taking a break is an important part of managing anxiety, especially during high-stress times such as moving. Thinking about your move every waking moment is unhealthy. Schedule some time to do the things you love such as going to lunch with a friend or simply reading a book in a coffee shop. Find time to step away from moving and relax.
5. KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE - When you’re buried beneath cardboard boxes and your tape-guns and markers keep disappearing (seriously, where do they run off to?), it can be easy to forget that this, too, shall pass. Don’t let all the plans of moving interfere with the excitement of what comes next. Remember in times of uneasiness that soon you’ll be settled in, making beautiful memories in your new home.
BONUS TIP: Hire a professional mover! Let the experts walk you through the moving process for a stress-free move. Call or email today for a free estimate from Orange County’s most reliable moving company.
For more moving tips, click here.
Subscribe to Schick Moving & Storage's Blog